Psychiatric / Medication Management
Pharmacological management is a service offered to reduce, stabilize or eliminate the psychiatric symptoms of a person with the goal of improved functioning, including management and reduction of symptoms. The purpose of medication management is to:
- Address psychiatric and/or mental health needs identified in the initial assessment; evaluate medication prescription, administration, monitoring and supervision
- Inform individuals and family regarding medication and its actions, effects and side effects so that they can effectively participate in decisions concerning medications that is administered and dispensed to them.
- Assist individuals in obtaining prescribed medications, when needed.
- Provide follow-up as needed.
Pharmacological management service shall consist of one or more of the following elements as they relate to the individual’s psychiatric needs, and as clinically indicated:
- Performance of a psychiatric/mental health examination
- Prescription of medications
- Medication and behavioral health education to the individual receiving services and family or significant others